Friday, November 4, 2011

It's about time, right?

I just had a whim to blog tonight. I don't really know why. I have enough to do without starting a blog. I have thought about it and have wanted to do it - my very good friend blogs; other friends do; my daughters have blogs (and I think this is the underlying reason I started*); and my husband even has an unfrequented one.
I am not very computer savvy - uploading pictures to make my blog more visually attractive and more informative intimidates me. I've not wanted to start fearing I might quit after a few posts.
But the whim hit me - so here I am. I'm hoping this will actually encourage my girls to blog more. I love to see their thoughts in print. Maybe now I'll see more of their writing (and photos) despite one being a busy mom of three and the other who waits too long between inspirations to write.
Everyone wants something unique for their blog's name. Here's my thinking behind my choice. My nickname from my dad was Bug. He often called my mom June Bug (her name was June) since June is my middle name, we became Big Bug and Little Bug. And as I grew older, it just became Bug.
No one calls me Bug now (my dad is deceased), but my e-mail account is dannabug and I have fond memories of my dad's nickname for me. So I thought maybe I'd use DannaBug. But Danna Bugle with hyphens seemed right. First hyphen to emphasize the 2 "N's" in my name (another post, for sure). Second, to separate bugle so Bug would stand out while keeping the idea of bugle (v: to sound or summon by a call).
My hope is that Danna's Bugle will sound out some encouragement, summon some kindred spirits, bless many, and be an outlet for me as I journal.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland! You are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to see you in the Blogging world. And,... you are right - Leah does not BLOG enough and I love Saige's blogs with her pictures and all.

    Now.... maybe we can encourage Daniel to blog.... what do you think?

    I love you, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on a whim, too. At first I didn't know how to do much of anything like linking and uploading photos but it all came with time. Welcome to this wonderful world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, first 3 "comment-ers" - you have made me feel very welcome!

    ReplyDelete